Alright... back to it... posting and such as I pass a hot summer evening blogging and doing my laundry. It's an exciting night, indeed...
P is for Peter, Bjorn, and John - "Objects of my Affection"
I was going to post "Young Folks" because the video's animated and cool, but I have heard that song a million times and could kind of go without getting the whistling in it stuck in my head for the rest of the night. So since these guys are awesome and obviously have other songs, "Objects of my Affection" it is!
P is for Placebo - "You Don't Care About Us"
A trip to an aquarium these boarding school kids will never forget, and my worst fears -deep water and sharks, all in one video.
P is for Portishead - "Sour Times"
I was absolutely obsessed with Portishead when they debuted, and I'm so glad they gave us fans a new album this year. I loved this video, it fit their sort of heartbroken songs for spy movies feel to their music.
P is for Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Speakers Push Air"
Do you remember what the music meant? I hope you do! I think I'd be lost without it.
P is for The Primitives - "Crash"
I had to laugh when I went searching for this video, because I was totally unaware some bunch of emo/pop punk kids have covered it. I'll just stick with the original though, The Primitives suit me just fine. I thought having this track on the Clueless soundtrack years ago, might give the band a boost, but they never really got the attention I thought they deserved as a band.
Now for the finale... It's damn difficult to pick one Pulp video, so I'm including every video I can find for a track from their incredible album, His & Hers, here to close the post. As far as albums that hit in 1994, this disc was in good company with Portishead's self-titled debut hitting that year and Oasis' Definitely Maybe.
"Joyriders" (Track 1) - Live on The Beat from 1994.
"Lipgloss" (Track 2)
"Acrylic Afternoons" (Track 3) Live ...the intro to this is amazing!
"Have You Seen Her Lately"(Track 4) -Live from Glastonbury 1994
"Babies" (Track 5) - The original video version
"She's a Lady" (Track 6) - live on Channel 4's "Butt Naked", from 1994
"Happy Endings" (Track 7) I love this song, but could find no video representation for it.
"Do You Remember the First Time?" (Track 8)
"Pink Glove" (Track 9)
"Someone Like The Moon" (Track 10) & "David's Last Summer (Track 11) ...again great songs but no video representation.
"Razzmatazz" (Hidden Track - US Edition)
"His 'N' Hers"
This track isn't on the standard edition of the album. It originally appeared on the Sisters EP, which was a re-release for the "Babies" single. However this track was later included on the deluxe edition of His 'N' Hers, hence why I'm including it here. I especially love the bit when Jarvis polls the crowd... he's brilliant!
And that is that for this post! Just trying to redeem myself a bit for recently neglecting my blog so much... I shall endeavour to do better!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Distraction... Video Alphabet "P"
Labels:
and John,
Bjorn,
P is for...,
Peter,
Placebo,
Portishead,
Pretty Girls Make Graves,
Primitives,
Pulp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment