Sunday, June 1, 2008

Distraction... Video Alphabet "F"

Up late, can't sleep, so I'm back to keep on keepin' on...

...and now with comments on each video! Woot!

F is for Forever Thursday - "How Can It Be?"



Anyone remember this song from the JC Penney's commercial about two years ago? This folk/pop act from Australia got it's only exposure stateside via that commercial. The vocalist on this track Melanie Horsnell has a loyal following in the land down under, check out her music here!

F is for the Frank & Walters - "Miles and Miles"



The lads from Ireland with a reminder that love will make you do some crazy things.

F is for Franz Ferdinand - "Walk Away"



I love this song and the video's old movie drama.

F is for Frente - "The Labour of Love"



I was way into this group in 1992. Lots of memories listening to Marvin, the Album on my headphones in the art room in high school.

F is for Frou Frou - "Breathe In"



Apparently in this video we discover Imogene Heap is not just a beautiful singer and songwriter, but she possesses telepathic abilities too.

Amazing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Re Forever Thursday "How can it be" and the J C Penney ad, if your keen search you tube for Melanie Horsnell and you will find a few videos of her music including the single "Birds" and "I just want some love" from her debut album. She has a new album due out middle of this year called "complicated Sweetheart". Melanie was in the US late last year for a quick tour. That OREO commercial "candy store" is also Melanie
Mark

Jojo said...

Thanks for the added info! This is so cool too because a big part of why I wanted to start this blog wasn't just to talk at others on the web, but to receive feedback and learn even more perhaps about the things I enjoy. I truly appreciate your response! Thank you.