Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Distraction... Video Alphabet "N"

Alright... back to this vast endeavour I started! Also I'm going to take a minute here and apologise that I don't edit and proof read my posts enough. Late night postings and early morning postings seem to be my weakness. I suppose it's difficult to type through the bleary eyes, but I'll improve this. Anyways...

N is for Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Grey Cell Green"



I liked this band a bit when I was in high school, but feared if I went down this road too far with one false move I could have ended up listening to Jesus Jones and EMF. But I confess a particular soft spot for this band, largely due to this super cool girl that used to pick me up and let me ride to high school with her, sparing me the hell of riding the bus. So Becky Balog, this song goes out to you wherever you are! You were a very good friend and I haven't forgotten you for it!

N is for New Order - A Perfect Kiss



I had the good fortune of seeing New Order in concert years ago and it's my second best concert experience just losing out to seeing the Cure the first time. I think what I recall the most is how diligently the band performed their songs. Their attention reached out to the audience, but I think we were the secondary concern to the work they were doing to perform. I don't mean this observation as any detraction against them... it rather impressed me at the time. I picked this video because you can see them at work so well here, feel how labour intense their songs are, and dig Hook's bass in this song... amazing! One of my all time favouite bands, for sure!

In fact, here's live New Order! "Crystal" from The Glastonbury Festival June 25th, 2005, in Somserset, England.



And for anyone needing a reminder of where this band came from, New Order playing Joy Division -"She's Lost Control" for the John Peel Day 2005.



Note to self... I really need to do a post about John Peel one of these days.

That's all for tonight though... off to try this thing people do called "going to bed at a reasonable hour".

No comments: