Monday, June 2, 2008

Distraction... Video Alphabet "K"

I think I've got a bit of time for this tonight, so here's tonight's video gems...

K is for The Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict a Riot"



Every time a fresh wave of British bands crop up, it seems there are one or two that have the unique ability to catch a bit of attention here in the States. The Kaiser Chiefs have definitely been one of them, and having a song in the video game Guitar Hero has certainly furthered this exposure. So good placement there, lads!

K is for Kasabian - "LSF"



This video makes me wonder why Johnny Cash never played at any women's penitentiaries.

Hmmm...

K is for Keane - "Somewhere Only We Know"



The U.S. version of this video is standard band plays song music video fare, however here in the international version the band discovers a "somewhere" as magical as Lothlórien but possibly minus the elves. Instead nocturnal, music loving woods spirits emerge to see the band and delight in their charmingly sensible three-piece English pop!

Wow...

K is for Kent - "If You Were Here"


kent- If You Were Here - more free videos

Brit pop goodness ala a band from Sweden. I found my first Kent CD during my first semester of art school. I spent a lot of my spare time that semester buying music and comic books after class. So I dedicate this video to the old CD Plus on Barrington Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, where in one afternoon I scored Kent's Isola CD, the first Unbelievable Truth CD, and the first Rialto CD. Not a bit of bad music purchasing that day!

K is for The Kooks - "She Moves In Her Own Way"



From the Kooks first album -a disc I am quite guilty of overplaying last year. I took a break from hearing it for a while, but I've been giving it my attention again since the release of the newest album, Konk. Good, good stuff!

No comments: