Sunday, June 1, 2008

Distraction... Video Alphabet "I"

Wow... I'm not even halfway yet! I admit I thought originally to do one band/video per letter, but I couldn't make up my mind to settle on just one. So instead it was easier to create a lot more hard work for myself and post 4-6 videos a letter.

At least people are checking out this effort, so it's worthwhile for sure!

I is for Idlewild - "Love Steals Us From Loneliness"



I would also rather have hope than sadness, if only that was easier to do.

I is for Inspiral Carpets - "This Is How It Feels"



I used this version of the video, but there's apparently another one out there that I had never seen until I was looking the band up on youtube this morning. I went with the one I remembered here. BTW, it's amazing how many good bands like these guys have come out of Manchester, England. I could do a week's worth of posts just on Manchester bands sometime.

I is for Interpol - "PDA"



I remember hearing this band for the first time in early 2002 and thinking to myself, "Now here's a band that really wears a love of Joy Division on their sleeves". I think they are more than that, of course, but I think those elements were really there, especially on their album, Turn on the Bright Lights.

I is for Ivy - "I've Got A Feeling"



This was one of my favourite bands around the mid/late 90s, and fortunately they're still around unlike many other bands from that time. They're a good band to listen to especially this time of year. This is "bright" music for me.

No comments: