A little pressed for time tonight, but I wanted to get a jump on tomorrow's efforts.
L is for The La's - "There She Goes"
Before Sixpence None the Richer, some country singer, and God only knows how many other artists decided to cover it, this song belonged to the La's... so I'm giving it back!
L is for Lightning Seeds - "Pure"
One of my favourite bands in my freshmen year of high school! I replaced a very worn out copy of this CD just this past summer. If only I'd taken better care of my CDs back then half of my music purchases wouldn't be to merely replace beat up discs. I could download a lot of it I suppose, but I'm still stuck on actually having physical music.
L is for The Longpigs - "On and On"
Here's a song for the broken hearted... I really forgot how much I loved this band! Thanks youtube!
L is for Love Spit Love - "Am I Wrong"
I'll explain before anyone watches this next video that I love this song and I had to include it, but I couldn't track down a video. So I chose to go with a piece made up by a fan of pieces of the movie Angus(1995) which featured the song on its soundtrack.
L is for Lush - "500(Shake Baby Shake)"
Oh, Lush... I miss this band so much. From their ethereal musical beginning as another addition to the roster of musical diversity that was 4AD Records to their inclusion in the Brit Pop explosion of the 90s, Lush always had my attention! The suicide of drummer Chris Acland destroyed the band though, and to the best of my knowledge only Emma Anderson ever ventured back into music with her new band, Sing Sing, which unfortunately called it quits in January of this year.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Distraction... Video Alphabet "L"
Labels:
L is for...,
La's,
Lightning Seeds,
Longpigs,
Love Spit Love,
Lush
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment