Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Frustration... Oh, Life!

I try to keep this blog impersonal, but good grief am I cursed!

A statement I shall now back up with an example:

I bought my Saturn off a friend who I make payments to every month. He used to do the maintenance on both the Saturn I used to drive and the Saturn my ex-wife still drives. A Saturn she still takes to my friend for oil changes and general maintenance. She had one such appointment scheduled today at 5PM, which is about the same time I had also planned to meet my friend to drop off my second to last payment (woohoo!). Knowing how I fair better when I don't see the ex, my buddy kindly volunteered to stop by my work on his lunch break this afternoon to get the cheque and thus spare me an chance of seeing her. Crisis averted!

But... as fate would have it, Saturn moved its service center to a new location down the Carlisle Pike in May, and apparently my ex did not know this. So where does she go when she's in dire need of directions? She comes to see me at work. All that effort this morning on my friend's part to spare me an encounter... worthless.

Such is my life... the encounter didn't harm me. I just had to laugh a bit about my own twisted luck and best laid plans and such. It's oddly appropriate in a way though that I saw her now because this past weekend marked the one year anniversary of her leaving me and filing for divorce. I know for me it's been a rough year. I didn't meet someone right away the way she did, and unlike her, I am still living on my own. I wouldn't wish to deny her a moment of what she has now with her new guy, but I'm just anxious sometimes to find my own place again with someone. I think though for now I just need to be more comfortable with being alone, and I'll be fine.

Well, for old time sake... I don't wish to do this again, but these were some of my songs for all that which has come and gone. A really sad one that I barely play anymore because it summed us up too well, and the second song is probably more reflective of my own realisations I made as the end drew near.

Death Cab for Cutie - "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" (a live studio version)



Belle & Sebastian - "Waking Up To Us" (Live on Later With Jools Holland, from November 30, 2001)




And that's all I've got for tonight. At least I'm posting... as I said I've avoided getting into personal stuff with this blog, but maybe I'll reconsider that a bit. Who knows?

No comments: