I had the misfortune of having most expensive bad date of my entire life this past weekend, but fortunately I got to see an amazingly talented and very fun bunch of guys play. The guys are Ryan Cox, John Morales, and Steven Christopher, their band is called The Good Things and they're from Detroit, MI. Never thought I'd find anything with them on YouTube, but hey I guess every thing's on YouTube, so here they are! I gotta say when they did this track at the show the drum solo was the coolest damn thing I've experienced at a show in a long time!
This band was just so great! I do wish the venue had been a place where you could've gotten up and really danced, but I'm just glad to have seen them. The $3.00 I spent on their EP was easily the best money spent that night.
Wish the actual "date" part of my evening had gone better, but that tale of utter loserdom I'll reserve for myself. Thanks to a few Stellas and The Good Things, I'm going to try and remember that I at least had a good time. If you know this band's playing anytime, anywhere in your area, check out their show! These guys even played the second song of their set a second time because some folks that showed up late missed out. How many bands would ever do that?
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That IS a good song! I love me some power-pop trios!!!
Yer killing me here... do tell!
I apparently am drawn to mean women... that's my story and I'm stuck with it.
Post a Comment