Sunday, July 13, 2008

Distraction... Video Alphabet "R"

I've done this blog a serious disservice not keeping up with regular posts lately, but I'm going to try harder here in this month of July. June was off to a fine start, but I really stumbled there towards the end of the month.

But enough about that... onto the good stuff!

R is for R.E.M. - "I Believe"



Wow! I am so happy to have found this on YouTube! Seriously, R.E.M.'s Tourfilm is one of my all time favourite concert recordings, but I haven't seen it since watching it years ago on a friend's VHS tape. It's been on DVD for a few years now, so I think this is a disc I need to finally buy.

One more from Tourfilm... my favourite R.E.M. song, and like "I Believe" this song is also from the album Life's Rich Pageant, "Fall On Me".



R is for Radio 4 - "Dance to the Underground"



NYC had quite a scene of bands crop up there around 2000 or so, and Radio 4 is still going strong. I could spent several posts just covering bands from NYC... in fact, that might not be a bad idea for after I hit "Z".

R is for Radiohead - "Idioteque"



Radiohead is a band I was absolutely loved years ago, but my attention wane after Kid A. Lately though I find I'm thinking about them more and more, and I had an overwhelming desire to hear this track for some reason a few days ago hence the inclusion of the video here. My favourite Radiohead album though is The Bends, so I'm including another video from that phenomenal album.

"Fake Plastic Trees"



R is for Ride - "Twisterella"



I had such a hard time picking a Ride song because there's so many great tracks to choose from, but as I see this as being such a summer song, I had to go with it! What a great pop song!

R is for Rogue Wave - "Eyes"



My last choice tonight... I've got to work tomorrow morning or I'd say more!


Again, I am really going to try hard to post more this week. I've been wasting a lot of my time lately and just generally feeling down, but I'm trying to bounce back. So it will be onto "S"... lots of great bands there!

No comments: