
I have never met anyone who is familiar with this artist, but I really enjoy her stuff and I think she deserves some attention somewhere. I first discovered her thanks to hearing the "Beep Beep Song" which was featured in an Audi commercial a year or so ago. After finding info about the commercial on Google I was able to learn who the artist was and find her music.
The first thing that struck me about her was her lovely voice and I like the wistful folk, indie pop, jazz tinged style of her songs. She's someone that with the right exposure could capture the kind of attention groups like Feist or an artist like Regina Spektor has enjoyed.
Simone has two CDs, Sincere Recording Co. presents Simone White(2004) and I Am The Man(2007), that are available through her website, but they might be found in the right music stores. She has so many videos available on youtube to watch, so I'll include a few of my favourites here. But certainly look her up and enjoy more of them on your own.
"I Wrote This Song About You" or the "Beep Beep Song"
"Why Is Your Raincoat Always Crying"
"I Am The Man"
"Christmas Makes Me Blue"... my favourite Christmas song this past year.
If you look into her music, I also strongly recommend the songs "I Didn`t Have Any Summer Romance" and "You May Be In The Darkness". I especially love those tracks and hopefully you will too!

2 comments:
I'm surprised she hasn't received more recognition than she has. This is the first I've ever heard of her, but she definitely has an accesible sound. She reminds me of a female Stuart Murdoch.
Amazing stuff! We haven't had this ad here yet, that I've seen.
Post a Comment