Music is the thing that keeps me going. It's always done that for me, and it's even more important now. Especially this band, The Spook School. I know there’s a number of transgender/gender queer artists out there, but this band really does it for me! This song especially has become a true favourite! It’s what I do every single day… I Try To Be Hopeful.
“Sometimes I get so hopeful I make myself scared / that I will wake up and the hope will disappear
Sometimes I see you clench your fists and close your eyes / like you’re dreading the same thing / like you’re saying your goodbyes
Sometimes I see you clench your fists and close your eyes / like you’re dreading the same thing / like you’re saying your goodbyes
I’ve been waiting outside for what seems like years / when I finally get inside I’ll give in to the fear
of finally having what I want, I’ll finally know / if this really really will fix me / if my problems will all sail away
of finally having what I want, I’ll finally know / if this really really will fix me / if my problems will all sail away
and I know, you’ve been finding things hard / if you want to we can sit outside / and talk about anything else / and I know, you’ve been upset / I know I’m not the best, but I’ll try
I’ll try, try to be hopeful / if you try, try to be hopeful
(and we can be/the best people we could ever be)”

No comments:
Post a Comment