Sunday, April 3, 2016

Confession... "Most people think I am writing a blog, but if you look closer, actually I am planning my escape."

I adore this short film. I found it a few years ago, and I think I feel a different set of emotions each time I watch it. It's charmingly French, especially as it offers several nods to classic French cinema. There's moments that make me laugh, but it often makes me quite sad too. There's a loneliness, a feeling of a sincere desperation to share something of yourself with someone. When you're lonely, there can be so much joy when someone enters your world if even for a little while. Even once you reach the end and discover "who" her visitor is I can't help feeling it's rather bittersweet. Watch it yourself and decide how you feel. I should add that the video's descrption offers these details: "Jeanne Damas humorously portrays the tormented soul of the self-indulgent 'Bohemian' who can't decide which pieces from & Other Stories' collection to wear. Director Wendy McColm presents a darker subtext that point to the changes that need to be made to the way in which women are portrayed both in, and by the fashion industry."

No comments: