Friday, August 26, 2016

Appreciation... Chloe Howl

Although I'll always prided myself on being into music that's "left of the dial", I've been indulging more openly the last few years on what songs just hit my heart! After all, isn't that the only thing that matters! And while this may mean I've got more pop sounding songs on my player these days, it doesn't mean I'm exactly lining up for the new Katy Perry album either. No offense to Katy or her fans!

Sadly, an album I would gladly endure any length of line for is the debut album of UK pop singer, Chloe Howl. If you've never heard of Chloe Howl, she was shortlisted for two BRIT award nominations in 2014,  for Pop Singer/Songwriter and for best new artist for their Sound of the Year award. She's been favourably compared touted my the British music press as the "most exciting UK pop prospect since Lily Allen and Kate Nash." Unfortunately Sony's Columbia Records UK never released her album. This is truly a loss considering the quality of the handful of singles she's so far released.  My introduction to her was the video for her song "Paper Hearts". The video popped up as a suggestion in that YouTube sidebar, and with one view I was hooked! It's such a great song! It's a wonderful show of strength breakup song, with a video that has got to be the ultimate good-bye anyone's ever said to a now to be former lover!

I could go on and on about how music I love her music or appreciate her sense of style, but I think if you merely take in this one video it will speak more for why she deserves a full length album release now. Like right now! Here's "Paper Hearts"!


There's hope though! She did sign to the Heavenly label in the UK! Fingers crossed!

No comments: