I had my fourth appointment at the Mazzoni Center today, and the checkup went really well! My doctor told me he'll need to see me in August, but after that I'll switch to annual visits. He spent a lot of time with me discussing how the hormones and the blocker are working to change my body, and I feel very encouraged about the results so far. I have definitely experienced some moodiness finally in all of this, but I feel much better now. After than appointment I decided to do a little shopping on South Street, and then I wanted to find two stores on Pine Street: Giovanni's AIDS Thrift Shop and a place called, Omoi Zakka Shop, which is a lifestyle store that I recently discovered online.
I really enjoyed just spending a day out walking in the sunshine. It did me so much good. I treated myself to a lite vegan lunch, and then found those shops and took home some very cute little things for myself to celebrate six months of HRT! The little bunny in the pink kimono just makes me smile! The girl at the shop told me that the bunny will ward of evil spirits and fire, to which I answered "Good! I'm scared of both of those things!"
This was the nicest day I have enjoyed just for myself in some time. I think that is something about these appointments in Philly that I really enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment