
I am so much later posting this than I wanted to be but it's been a crazy busy week, but I had to finally do a quick post to say the Morrissey show in Pittsburgh was everything I hoped it would be and more! I suppose the big thrill my girlfriend and I were anticipating for this show was seeing him perform songs from his days with The Smiths, and he certainly did not disappoint! The first song of the show was "This Charming Man", which he belted out as if a personal anthem, and how him how could it not be?!? He also performed "How Soon Is Now?", "Ask", "Death of a Disco Dancer", and "I Keep My Hidden" (remember that little B-side gem from their final time as a band). I had seen Morrissey in 1991, and he performed material from that period of his career obviously, but this time around he visited it seemed mostly solo material from after that point, so nothing from Viva Hate or Kill Uncle or the intervening eps of that time were part of this show. The oldest solo material I recall hearing was "The Loop" a b-side from the "Sing Your Life" single. He did work a number of sad songs like "The World Is Full of Crushing Bores" and "Let Me Kiss You" into the set, and an obvious inclusion for a show on St. Patrick's Day was "Irish Blood, English Heart". Tracks he performed from the new album included "Something is Squeezing My Skull", "I Am Throwing My Arms Around Paris", and "That's How People Grow Up". I would say it was every bit as good as a show I enjoyed the first time with Morrissey, and honestly as a performer I think he has only improved with age. This show was extremely special to me! We had amazing seats near the front, but the best part was easily having Lexi and her mutual love of Morrissey at my side the entire night!
I could say so much more, but I think sleep beckons for tonight! I also want to make mention quick though of my old buddy, Eric Orchard, who commented on my previous post asking for a review of the show! His website is listed in my links, and his illustration work is amazing so please pay his blog a visit!
Here's some video clips that have already made their way onto YouTube! Enjoy...

2 comments:
MMMOOOORRRIIISSSEEEYYYYY!!!!!! AAHH!! i think that your blog is going to thrive with concert feedback now. ^_^ that show....WAS AMAZING! HOLY CRAP! *melts* AWEE MOORRRIIISSSEEEYYY!!!!
aweee youuu!
Thanks so much for the shout out Joe! Really glad the concert was so amazing.
Post a Comment