
My fascination with all the bands from this wonderful breeding ground of indie pop goodness happened with a mere bit of investigation to learn more about the few bands I knew from Sweden like Suburban Kids With Biblical Names and Jens Lekman. When I'm bummed out and can't sleep I spend time online... and I spent a lot of this past year bummed out and therefore online. But in the midst of all my occasional woe is me blogging on myspace, I'd take breaks here and there to browse through the music section. And I have to say that for any amount of complaining one can do about myspace, it's a damn good tool for social networking and to discover artists, filmmakers, and of course new music! I love too that by finding one artist and some info on them I have been able to find so, so many other similar artists and bands to enjoy. The internet really is about discovery to me, and apparently boredom can be a valuable commodity in life, it all depends on how you use it!
So here's some fond discoveries of my bored nights online... maybe you'll find a band you really like here too!
Stars in Coma - "Invisibility Track"
This is the video for the first single from Stars In Coma's newest album You're Still Frozen In Time, released back on March 12, 2008.
Director: Music Is My Girlfriend
Lykke Li - "Little Bit"
Her very first video! I could post a lot of videos for Lykke Li... so many good, good tracks!
Billie the Vision & the Dancers - "Absolutely, Salutely"
Live from this summer's Malmofestivalen, August 15th, 2008! I love this song, but the performance was all I could find! This was a particular favourite of mine to sing along with in the car this summer!
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - "Rent a Wreck"
From their amazing 2006 album, #3. This geek-chic band has been a favourite since I learned of them back in 2006! I have enjoyed this album a lot the last few years!
So this post is a start in explaining why I go on and on about bands from this central Scandinavian land... stay tuned! I'll post more soon!
Salut! :)

3 comments:
SWEDEN ROCKS!!
I spun the swedish mix three times today while setting up my wireless network and I love it!
Jens Lekman is still my favorite, but I'm really digging Billie The Vision & The Dancers and the Heart-Sick Groans, amongst others.
Great stuff! Thanks for turning me on to the wealth of music from Sweden!!
SWEDEN SO ROCKS!!!
I am so, so glad you liked that disc! I'll have to pull some more stuff from my collection and make you a sequel comp! I just picked up an early Jens Lekman at Sound Garden in Baltimore last Friday, along with some other cool Swede stuff!
Oh yeah - I definitely love this CD. Thanks again!
Hope you have fun tonight at your concert!
Post a Comment